[pccgrads] Call for Earth Day MC and Moderator

Kelly Carpenter kcarp at uw.edu
Mon Apr 15 17:16:46 PDT 2019

*CALL FOR MC AND A PANEL MODERATOR FOR UW EARTH DAY 2019*

The UW Earth Day Planning Committee is looking for students who would like
to support the coming UW Earth Day (April 22, 2019) as master of ceremony
(MC) or as a panel moderator.

While traditionally Earth Day at the University of Washington has been an
environmental-centric festival, this year we are expanded the conversation
to include the economic, social, and political aspects that we believe are
crucial to any discussion of sustainability. Which is why our theme this
year is Engage for Earth! Earth Day provides a forum for engaging with UW
members (students, staff, and faculty), as well as other groups and
organizations participating in the event including academia, public
agencies, sovereign tribal nations, non-governmental organizations, and the
private sector.

This year main events will be hosted at the Husky Union Building lawn and
Lyceum, from 11am to 3pm. We expect to have workshops, interactive
installations, presentations, and cultural performances to celebrate
diversity and sustainability.

We are looking for students interested in volunteering as:

- The MC will help to introduce the different programmed activities at
one of the stages (Lyceum or HUB lawn). Activities will run from 11am to
3pm, but the commitment to be a MC could be just for 2-3hrs depending on
the schedule of the interested student. Therefore we need various
volunteers.

- The panel moderator will help facilitate a panel around corporate
social responsibility and sustainable businesses practices. This panel will
run from 1:45 – 2:35pm and will host 3-4 representatives of corporations
and will have a 20min component for Q&A from the audience.

If you are interested please send an email to Isabel Carrera Zamanillo (at
micz at uw.edu), indicating your position of interest and availability during
the day.

For more information about UW Earth Day visit https:://
green.uw.edu/earth-day-2019