[pccgrads] Reminder: PCC Spring Symposium on April 27! Register by this Friday

Ethan Campbell ethancc at uw.edu
Mon Apr 15 15:55:43 PDT 2019

Dear PCC grads and postdocs,

The UW Program on Climate Change <https://pcc.uw.edu/> (PCC) invites you to attend our third annual Spring Symposium on Saturday, April 27 from 10 am to 3 pm in Ocean Sciences Building (OCN) 425. This event features interdisciplinary presentations on climate-related research, outreach, and education by students and postdoctoral researchers. A light breakfast, catered lunch, and afternoon refreshments will be provided. This will be a great opportunity for conversation with researchers across UW who are interested in climate from a variety of different angles.

We encourage students and postdocs to present a 6- or 12-minute talk or poster on your work. No worries if you don’t have a finished project to share—we welcome discussion of ongoing research and posters from past conferences. This will be a fun, casual opportunity for you to share your work with a diverse audience! UPDATE: We’ve received questions about whether presentations must have a primary focus on climate or anthropogenic climate change. To clarify, this is not a requirement! Presentations on a wide range of topics are welcome. Note that we still have open slots for both talks and posters.

If you’re interested, please register  <https://forms.gle/J5EkEwmpHZB2Reza7>at this link <https://forms.gle/J5EkEwmpHZB2Reza7> by this Friday, April 19th. See the link for more details. If you can’t make it for the whole event, feel free to just drop by for a session.

Sincerely,
Ethan Campbell
on behalf of the PCC Graduate Student Steering Committee