[pccgrads] Outreach opportunity - First United Methodist Church
sragen at uw.edu
Tue Apr 2 13:38:48 PDT 2019
There is an exciting outreach opportunity to give a presentation about climate change (and possible actions that individuals can take) to a group of 40 to 50 people. See below for details.
Please let me know if you are interested in speaking at this event!
Interested in Climate Change and Impacts on the Pacific Northwest. Often requested by civic groups, churches, and retirement communities.
Details about the date, time, location, etc. are below.
· Date: Sun., May 5 ….or another date in May could work if no one is available on this date.
· Time: 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lunch will be served at 11:45. Presentation would begin by 12:15 p.m.
· Location: First United Methodist Church of Seattle – 2nd Ave. and Denny (across from Pacific Science Center).
· More on location: Church basement set up with tables and chairs for lunch, followed by a talk and Q&A
· Anticipated number of attendees: Varies. We typically anticipate 40 to 50 people. I plan to invite other Seattle churches, so the number may be higher.
· Goals: Inform attendees about the urgency of the global problem and how climate change will affect the NW. Share ways for individuals and organizations (such as a church) to take action, including advocacy (which bills should they contact legislators about?, what else can they do to advocate?) and switching investments from pollution creating companies, and initiating and expanding sustainable actions such as reducing food waste, recycling, using public transportation and carpooling, etc.
UW SCHOOL OF OCEANOGRAPHY
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pccgrads