[pccgrads] Capstone Teaching Opportunity

Robin McLachlan mclachlan.rl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 16:46:16 PDT 2018

I am looking for graduate students who want to work in middle school
classrooms and develop science curriculum. This project can even be the
foundation of your PCC Capstone, as it was mine.

An interdisciplinary group of graduate students has been working with
teachers from Jane Addams Middle School for the past three years. Each
year, we create a week-long science curriculum based on a single phenomena
addressing the Next Generation Science Standards and then implement that
curriculum in the classroom in late Spring. Afterwards, we post the
curriculum online for anyone to access and use in their own classrooms. You
can find the curriculum from last year on the PCC website here
<https://pcc.uw.edu/education/classroom-resources/climate-teaching-modules/fish-kills-in-the-hood-canal/>
.

The teachers have asked us to return with a new curriculum next Spring.
Unfortunately, I do not have the time to spearhead this collaboration for
another year. If you are interested, please let me know so that I can
facilitate the development of a new group of graduate students to work with
Jane Addams Middle School. We have already developed the relationship and
established a project outline, now we just need people to continue on the
tradition.

- Robin Mclachlan (mclachlan.rl at gmail.com)

--
Robin McLachlan