[pccgrads] Volunteers needed: Climate Science on Tap

Kelly Carpenter kcarp at uw.edu
Tue Oct 16 16:37:01 PDT 2018

Ongoing volunteer opportunity that may appeal you if you like beer and are
interested in public outreach events:

Climate Science on Tap (CSoT) is a monthly series meant to inform the
public about climate-related topics and provide tangible ways to get
involved. A panel of experts discuss the evening's topic and field
questions from the audience members. In addition, this year CSoT would like
to involve the PCC community and have a couple of grad students/postdocs
attend each event for additional support to answer questions and engage in
conversation with the audience.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, please email
*pgrasc_public_engagement at uw.edu
<pgrasc_public_engagement at uw.edu>* to be added to a list that we'll draw
from for all future CSoT events. In your email, be sure to add what
department you are from and what your specialty is. When possible, we'll
target PCC grads/postdocs that have a background in the evening's theme.
And of course, all CSoT events are free and open to the public, so we hope
to see you even when you aren't scheduled to volunteer. * Be sure to let us
know if you'd like to volunteer at t**he first event, Climate Change in
History and Law (flier attached), next Tuesday 10/23.*

Kelly Carpenter
PCC Grad Student Steering Committee; Public Engagement Subcommittee