[pccgrads] GCeCS/capstone information session--Nov 13 at 11:30 in OCN 425

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Oct 10 14:53:16 PDT 2018

Hello, Graduate Students wondering about the Graduate Certificate in
Climate Science and capstone projects!

Join fellow graduate students and potential advisors at our annual
GCeCS/capstone informational meeting. We will focus most of our time on
the capstone, but will happily answer any questions about the PCC or the
certificate in general.

YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN PCC Director, Cecilia Bitz and Miriam Bertram, PCC
Assistant and Student advisor.....

Tuesday,
November 13
11:30-12:30 (with more informal conversation until 1 pm)
in Ocean Sciences Building Room 425

*RSVP HERE <https://goo.gl/forms/OnTSgSaVIgGHxfiz1> (*
https://goo.gl/forms/OnTSgSaVIgGHxfiz1)

To read more about the certificate program:
PCC website: curriculum and overview
<https://pcc.uw.edu/education/graduate-certificate/>
Detailed description of the Graduate Certificate in Climate Science
<https://pcc.uw.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/10/GCeCS-Description-2014.pdf>
How to complete in 2-yrs
<https://pcc.uw.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/10/Completing-the-GCeCS_Final-1.pdf>
Completed capstones
<https://pcc.uw.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2018/04/Completed-Capstone-Projects.pdf>
(will
be updated soon)

The program is very flexible, and we encourage you, the student, to come up
with something that fits your skills, interests, and future. There are,
ofcourse specific requirements. With that in mind, it's always good to
know what kinds of projects are out there..

Potential project advisers who have been invited include:
(most have worked with capstone students in the past):

Rich Childers, Ocean Acidification Policy Lead, Washington Department of
Fish and Wildlife (RSVP'd likely to attend)

Lara Whitely Binder and Jamie Stroble, King County, Climate Engagement

Crystal Raymond and Heidi Roop (RSVP'd yes) (Climate Impacts Group)

Kirsten Feifel, Department of Natural Resources

Ronda Strauch, Seattle City Light

Mark Windschidtl, Jessica Thompson, Deb Morrison from the College of
Education

Dargan Frierson, Earth Games and UW in the High School

Happy to answer questions!

-Miriam

UW Program on Climate Change
206-543-6521