[pccgrads] Fwd: Join Our Team! The Climate Impacts Group Seeks Deputy Director

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Oct 4 11:24:29 PDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Darcy Widmayer <darcyjw at uw.edu>
Date: Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 11:09 AM
Subject: Join Our Team! The Climate Impacts Group Seeks Deputy Director

Hello,

This is one of two announcements about current exciting job opportunities
related to connecting science and practice to advance climate resilience.
(The second (five regional Climate Adaptation Science Center Director
positions) is described in a separate email and online
<https://nwcasc.uw.edu/2018/10/03/directors-for-five-regional-climate-adaptation-science-centers-being-hired/>
).

The Climate Impacts Group <http://cig.uw.edu> is seeking a full-time Deputy
Director to support and advance our innovations in connecting science and
practice to advance climate resilience. The Deputy Director will play a
leading role in and have oversight responsibilities for the Climate Impacts
Group’s climate research and stakeholder engagement efforts, including
internal operations (research coordination, fiscal planning and oversight,
project management, employee supervision and strategic planning) and
externally-facing activities (building and maintaining external
relationships with diverse stakeholders and collaborators, grant-writing
and public and private fund-raising, public speaking). The Deputy Director
will lead and participate in applied interdisciplinary climate impacts and
adaptation research.

We are looking for candidates with a strong background in applied
(‘actionable’) climate impacts and adaptation research and experience in
successfully linking science decision making. We are especially interested
in candidates with experience in diverse working environments and
organizations, e.g., academia, government, non-governmental organizations,
private sector.

<https://cig.uw.edu/news-and-events/2018/10/join-our-team-the-climate-impacts-group-seeks-deputy-director/>

Learn more about this position and apply today!
<https://cig.uw.edu/news-and-events/2018/10/join-our-team-the-climate-impacts-group-seeks-deputy-director/>

*Darcy Widmayer*

Communications Manager | Northwest Climate Adaptation Science Center

Climate Impacts Group | College of the Environment | University of
Washington

206.221.5689 | darcyjw at uw.edu | @NW_CASC <https://twitter.com/NW_CSC>

<https://twitter.com/NW_CSC>