[pccgrads] GCC Hosting

Sarah Ragen sragen at uw.edu
Wed Oct 3 16:44:54 PDT 2018

Hi friends,

Planning for the Graduate Climate Conference (GCC) is currently in full swing, and some of your fellow PCC students are organizing. If you haven't heard of it before, GCC is an interdisciplinary conference hosted by graduate students for graduate students that's been held alternately at MIT and UW for 12 years. We have about 120 graduate students attending this year, about 90 of whom are traveling from outside Seattle.

In order to make this year's conference a success, we need your help. We are looking for Seattle based UW graduate students who are willing and able to host participants in order to keep costs down for those who need to travel for the conference. Please consider helping out and volunteering to host! It might be a really good way to meet someone studying an interesting aspect of climate change. We are incredibly grateful to those that can help with our out-of-town guests. All we're looking for are the essentials (couch/air mattress, pillow, sheets/sleeping bag, shower, and towel).

If you are willing to host, here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19NWt7uq6-BbfrWjnHooxv_cgTLErzpDjyEW8Owfb6Hk/edit> is a link to a google form so that we can get some helpful information from you pertaining to your hosting arrangement. If you are a GCC participant who has already indicated whether or not you can host, you can go ahead and disregard this. Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Jennifer Hsaio and Sarah Ragen