[pccgrads] Fall Kickoff GSS: Tuesday 10/9

Kelly Carpenter kcarp at uw.edu
Wed Oct 3 15:18:45 PDT 2018

Hello All!

Next week on *TUESDAY, 10/9 from **5-6 PM in ATG 406* the PCC will host
this year's first Graduate Student Seminar (GSS). Mark your calendars and
come on by to meet your new and old PCC buddies!

This year we welcome six new members to the PCC Graduate Student Steering
Committee (P-GraSC)! On Tuesday's GSS, we'll hear from our new P-GraSC
members to introduce them and get a flavor for the breadth of research they
participate in. They will each make a 5 min. presentation to leave plenty
of time for questions and transitions (read: consuming beer & pizza).

Every month the PCC hosts a GSS where 1–2 students share their expertise on
climate science in a fun, relaxed environment. Talks are designed to
educate non-experts while exposing other graduate students to the questions
and research at the forefront of climate science.

Hope to see you next week,
Kelly, Hannah, Megan, Michael
P-GraSC University Engagement Subcommittee