[pccgrads] You're invited! An evening of Chasing Ice and lively conversation

Claire Beveridge cbev at uw.edu
Fri Nov 16 08:30:47 PST 2018

Dear PCC'ers,

I would like to invite you to the first event of the "Anthropocene Film
Salon" series! This is a quarterly film screening and conversation series
hosted by EarthLab <https://earthlab.uw.edu/> and the Simpson Center for
the Humanities <https://simpsoncenter.org/> which connects people from
engineering, physical sciences, social sciences, humanities, and arts. Our
goal is to foster mutual learning and catalyze new, cross-cutting
collaborations addressing the unique social-ecological challenges of the
Anthropocene.

*What's happening: *In this first event, we will watch the film *Chasing
Ice* <https://chasingice.com/>, which follows James Balog and his team on
the Extreme Ice Survey as they assemble a multiyear chronicle of the
planet's rapidly melting glaciers.

After viewing this provocative film, we will host a discussion and social
gathering. The conversation will be led by Heidi Roop
<https://cig.uw.edu/news-and-events/about/people/heidi-roop/> (Lead
Scientist for Science Communication, Climate Impacts Group) and Jesse Oak
Taylor <https://english.washington.edu/people/jesse-oak-taylor> (UW
Associate Professor of English).

Refreshments will be served.
.
*When:* Wednesday, November 28th, 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

*Where:* Fisheries Sciences <http://uw.edu/maps/?fsh> lobby and auditorium
(room 102), University of Washington, Seattle

*RSVP: *Click here!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdine_CoPhxP7SUR8JBrGgQrIDPU9Q1GQW44eK7mhDUmwjmRw/viewform>

*Event webpage: *https://earthlab.uw.edu/2018/11/anthropocene-film-salon/

Please feel free to invite your colleagues that may be interested.

Best regards,

Claire Beveridge
Graduate Student
Civil and Environmental Engineering