[pccgrads] JOB ALERT: Deputy Director at UW CIG still open

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Tue Nov 13 17:12:51 PST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Please help us spread the word that we are still accepting applications for
the position of Deputy Director with the University of Washington Climate
Impacts Group.

Thank you,
Amy

*Join Our Team! The Climate Impacts Group Seeks Deputy Director*
The Climate Impacts Group <http://cig.uw.edu/> is seeking a full-time
Deputy Director to support and advance our innovations in connecting
science and practice to advance climate resilience. The Deputy Director
will play a leading role in and have oversight responsibilities for the
Climate Impacts Group’s climate research and stakeholder engagement
efforts, including internal operations (research coordination, fiscal
planning and oversight, project management, employee supervision and
strategic planning) and externally-facing activities (building and
maintaining external relationships with diverse stakeholders and
collaborators, grant-writing and public and private fund-raising, public
speaking). The Deputy Director will lead and participate in applied
interdisciplinary climate impacts and adaptation research. We are looking
for candidates with a strong background in applied (‘actionable’) climate
impacts and adaptation research and experience in successfully linking
science decision making. We are especially interested in candidates with
experience in diverse working environments and organizations, e.g.,
academia, government, non-governmental organizations, private sector.

Learn more about the position!
<https://cig.uw.edu/news-and-events/2018/11/join-our-team-the-climate-impacts-group-seeks-deputy-director/>

Amy Snover, PhD
Director, Climate Impacts Group
University Director, NW Climate Adaptation Science Center
Affiliate Associate Professor, School of Marine & Environmental Affairs
College of the Environment
University of Washington
Box 355674
Seattle, WA 98195