[pccgrads] December 3rd Climate Science on Tap: Climate Hope for the Holidays: Turning Angst Into Action

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Tue Nov 13 17:11:41 PST 2018

*Climate Hope for the Holidays: Turning Angst Into Action*

The latest report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change paints
a grim picture of the future if humanity fails to act. Yet research shows
that doom-and-gloom rarely motivates people to action. Instead it results
in fear, anxiety, and depression. In this very special holiday addition of
Climate Science on Tap, we’ll focus on a hopeful and empowering message.
Our expert panel will discuss coping with environmental grief and anxiety,
communicating ‘Earth Optimism’, and highlighting actions that will make a
difference, from personal choices to the voting booth. Join us for
insightful presentations and an inspiring Q&A that may just leave you
feeling a bit more optimistic about the future.

Alternative shorter version:

In this very special holiday addition of Climate Science on Tap, we’ll
focus on a hopeful and empowering message. Our expert panel will discuss
coping with environmental grief and anxiety and highlighting actions that
will make a difference, from personal choices to the voting booth. Join us
for insightful presentations and an inspiring Q&A that may just leave you
feeling a bit more optimistic about the future.

PANELISTS

Meade Krosby, UW Climate Impacts Group
Jennifer Atkinson, UW Bothell, Environmental Studies
Sarah Myhre, UW Oceanography

DATE/TIME

December 3th, 7-8:30PM

LOCATION