[pccgrads] Reminder! RSVP for the GCeCS meeting next Tue...or just let us know of your interest.

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Tue Nov 6 08:30:44 PST 2018

Hey PCC grads,

Our annual GCeCS/capstone informational meeting is a week from today
(Tuesday), and this is the final update/reminder to RSVP.

We will focus most of our time on the capstone, but will happily answer any
questions about the PCC or the certificate in general. Along those lines
I've reached out to departments to let graduate students not on the
PCCgrads list know to come if they want to know more about what we are up
to. The RSVP link below provides space for you to let me know you are
interested, but can't make the meeting. Allows me to reach out to you
directly in the future.

*RSVP HERE <https://goo.gl/forms/OnTSgSaVIgGHxfiz1> (*
https://goo.gl/forms/OnTSgSaVIgGHxfiz1)

Past/Present/Future capstone projects will be introduced next Tuesday.

Who, and What, an update on projects and people attending....Heidi Roop
(CIG), Rich Childers (likely) the Ocean Acidification Policy Lead, Washington
Department of Fish and Wildlife, 1 or more of Lara Whitely Binder/Jamie
Stroble/Carrie Lee from King County, Climate Engagement, fellow grad
students Elisa Bonin for Earth Games, Robin McLachlan on an established
collaboration with Jane Adams middle school and Michael Diamond on
developing a high school curriculum around Geoengineering in partnership
with one of our long time collaborators at Sammamish High School. Other
opportunities with Union of Concerned Scientists and PD for high school
science teachers will also be introduced.

Tuesday,
November 13
11:30-12:30 (with more informal conversation until 1 pm)
in Ocean Sciences Building Room 425

*RSVP HERE
<https://goo.gl/forms/OnTSgSaVIgGHxfiz1>
(https://goo.gl/forms/OnTSgSaVIgGHxfiz1
<https://goo.gl/forms/OnTSgSaVIgGHxfiz1>)*
*So I can order enough pizza.*

To read more about the certificate program:
PCC website: curriculum and overview
<https://pcc.uw.edu/education/graduate-certificate/>
Detailed description of the Graduate Certificate in Climate Science
<https://pcc.uw.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/10/GCeCS-Description-2014.pdf>
How to complete in 2-yrs
<https://pcc.uw.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/10/Completing-the-GCeCS_Final-1.pdf>
Completed capstones