[pccgrads] Short-notice request for climate change panelists

Cecilia Bitz bitz at uw.edu
Sun Mar 25 18:11:10 PDT 2018

Hello PCC graduate students,

Jennifer Hall is eager to have a couple of people serve on panels this
week on Wednesday morning. Please contact her directly if you can do it.
She said she was still looking when I heard from her late last week.
She'd be lucky to have one of you! Let me know if you need funding for
transportation there, such as by rideshare or for gas.

Thanks

Cecilia

============================
Hall, Jennifer <jlhall at seattleschools.org
<mailto:jlhall at seattleschools.org>> wrote:

Hello UW Professors; Climate Change, Weather and Clean Energy experts,

I am a teacher at West Seattle High School.  On March 28th, we will be
having our 3rd annual Equity Day.  Regular classes will be suspended for
the day in order for community members to serve on panels and teach
workshops with a focus on Equity.  Currently, I do not have enough
panelists to serve on our panel on Climate Change.  I am emailing you to
see if any of you have availability to be on these panels, or if you
could pass the information and request on to any of your colleagues or
students who may be amenable to working with us.  Our students would
benefit by hearing from you.  They do not learn enough about Climate
Change, changing weather patterns, clean energy.    They want to learn more.

The two panels are from 9:00 AM—10:15, and 10:30—11:45. I am pasting
more information below, and attaching a workshop and panel description.

Thank you so much for considering us,

Jennifer Hall

West Seattle High School

Equity Team Co-chair (with Marguerite Jones)

Diversity Club Advisor; Earth Club Advisor

206-941-2225 (cell – easiest way to reach me)

Postscripts:  Schedule and West Seattle Blog post

Here is the schedule for Equity Day:

8:45-8:55am 10 1st Period: check in, receive schedule, attendance taken

8:55-9:00am 5 Passing

9:00-10:15am 75 Workshop #1

10:15-10:30am 15 Passing, reflection time

10:30-11:45am 75 Workshop #2

11:45am-12:00pm 15 Passing, reflection time

12:00pm-12:30pm  30 Lunch: all grades

12:30pm-12:35pm 5 Passing

12:35-1:35pm 60 All-school assembly

1:35-1:40pm 5 Passing

1:40-2:20pm 40 Advisory: reflection activity, attendance taken

Here is the West Seattle Blog post about last year’s Equity Day (to let
you know what you’d be in for 😊)

http://westseattleblog.com/2017/03/you-can-make-change-west-seattle-high-school-students-are-told-during-2nd-annual-equity-day/