[pccgrads] Outreach opportunity/request at Sammamish High School this summer

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Mon Jun 25 07:09:12 PDT 2018

Happy summer, PCC grad students!

A high school collaborator is looking for graduate students who would be
interested in participating in a career exploration program at Sammamish
high school in AUGUST.

Sharing your path as a graduate student through high school and college,
how you decided to go graduate school, and what you are expecting to do
after graduate school. Other things to talk about would be your research
and perhaps a typical day “on the job”, how you collaborate with other
scientists.

As you can see this is fairly informal--if you had a hands-on activity that
you do for outreach, that would be a bonus....

Your part is on August 13, part of a larger program that runs August 8-16.
The larger program has students working with one of 6 industry partners on
an authentic challenge for that industry.

*This is an opportunity to talk about research an the grad student path.*
Each session would be 45 minutes long, offered twice, back to back.

Session 1: 10:00am – 10:45am

Session 2: 10:55am – 11:40am

This could be fun to do with two or three students from different
departments. I can help coordinate, if needed. Let me know (soon so it
doesn't get forgotten) if you are interested!

Regards,

Miriam