[pccgrads] Fwd: [Globalchange] Climate Positions at the Packard Foundation

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Mon Jul 30 10:15:22 PDT 2018

*From: *Walt Reid <WReid at packard.org>

*Subject: Climate Positions at the Packard Foundation*

*Date: *July 26, 2018 at 9:09:37 AM PDT

Dear Colleague,

We have launched searches for two positions working with our Climate team
at the David and Lucile Packard Foundation and we need your help in
reaching out to potentially interested individuals:

1. *Climate Program Officer*. This is a staff position at the
Foundation and the search is being handled by Waldron. I’ve attached the
position description and it is also available here
<https://waldronhr.com/searches/the-packard-foundation>. This is a new
PO position at the Foundation – the individual will direct our grantmaking
on bioenergy and will also be our point person for work on Carbon Dioxide
Removal. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant leadership
experience promoting changes in society, markets, governments, or the
private sector.

1. *Climate Research Analyst*. This position is hired through a U.C.
Berkeley fellowship to work with the Packard Foundation for two years
beginning in November. The fellowship program is described on our website
here
<https://www.packard.org/what-we-fund/climate/conservation-and-science-research-analysts/>
and aims to provide recent graduates from diverse disciplines and
backgrounds a professional-level introduction to philanthropy and the
non-profit sector. The goals of the fellowship are to: 1) introduce recent
graduates to philanthropy and the role of NGOs to strengthen their impact
in a future career and 2) introduce the Foundation to fresh ideas, new
skills, and diverse perspectives. The position will support the
Foundation’s grantmaking, strategic planning, research, and monitoring,
evaluation and learning for our Climate Subprogram. Applications are due
by Sept 10. Salary is up to $75,555. I’ve attached a copy of the position
announcement. To apply: go to https://jobs.berkeley.edu/, click on
External Applicants, enter job ID: 24613 in the Basic Job Search Keywords
search bar, you should then see “Program Research Analyst 2 (7397U)
#24613,” click the link to review the job description. To apply you will
need to register and create and account with UC Berkeley Jobs.

I hope that you can spread the word about these positions through your
networks.

Cheers,

Walt Reid

Walter Reid
Director, Conservation and Science Program
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
343 Second Street, Los Altos, CA 94022
650 917 7239 | www.packard.org