[pccgrads] PCC Outreach Request: Conservation event Aug 9

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Jul 25 10:05:24 PDT 2018

*When: August 9th, 7pm until 10pm Where: St. Andrews Bar and Grill, 7406
Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
<https://maps.google.com/?q=7406+Aurora+Ave+N,+Seattle,+WA+98103&entry=gmail&source=g>What:
Short presentation (and/or tabling) at a conservation biology event to
20-30 of the general public. Content -few climate/environment facts and
what you can do.Who? Anyone interested in empowering people with
information on how to contribute to positive change, answer climate related
questions.The full request is below.If you are ready to participate, let me
know.If you want to participate, but want to partner with another climate
outreach person, let me know.THIS IS ALSO THE TIME OF YEAR THAT I UPDATE MY
SEPARATE OUTREACH LIST. If you would like to be informed of in requests
for presentations that we get throughout the year, let me
know!Cheers,Miriam*

Our target audiences are members of the general public who might know a
little about climate change but are feeling powerless or too overwhelmed to
do anything about it. Our goal is that 20-30 people will be there for
presentations and throughout the course of the evening. We are hoping for a
series of five to ten-minute presentations throughout the evening that all
focus on providing understandable and actionable steps people can take on
behalf of the improvement of the environment. It is entirely up to the
presenter whether or not they use PowerPoint; the venue has the capability.
Thank you so much and please let me know if a representative from PCC would
willing to table and/or present at the event!

Thank you,
Margaret Hanzlick-Burton
hanzlimm at miamioh.edu