[pccgrads] Salmon and Climate Presenter Needed--commitment needed by Friday 7/27 for presentation 0/11

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri Jul 20 14:44:42 PDT 2018

Do you have expertise in climate change and salmon? An interest in
outreach? Join WSU extension and partners (WA Fish and Wildlife,
Washington Sea Grant, Clean Water Kitsap, non-profits) as they train
volunteer docents to talk with the public about salmon.

On October 11, from 9 to 4pm, docents will be spending the second of two
Thursdays hearing from various educators on local issues in Kitsap, an
interpretation workshop, YOUR SALMON AND CLIMATE PRESENTATION (from 1-2
pm), field trip, and stormwater pollution presentation.

The PCC has been asked to help find someone with expertise in climate and
climate change and it's impact on salmon. If you are interested in
learning more, let me know ASAP! We need to identify a speaker by next
Friday, 7/27.

Location: Clear Creek cabin in Silverdale. Washington Sea Grant has
offered to help with travel expenses.

Lots of time to put the presentation together.

For graduate students interested in the Graduate Certificate in Climate,
this presentation could be a big part of your communication capstone, and
the program already does an evaluation. You could slide in a few of your
own evaluation questions.

Please email me soon if you are interested in learning more.

Best,
Miriam

UW Program on Climate Change
206-543-6521