[pccgrads] Fwd: SciComm Opportunity: Free Science Writing Workshop (7/29)

Miriam A. Bertram mab23 at uw.edu
Wed Jul 11 11:20:08 PDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elisa Bonnin <ebonnin at uw.edu>
Date: Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:57 AM
Subject: SciComm Opportunity: Free Science Writing Workshop (7/29)

Dear all,

We are happy to announce a new opportunity for science communication
training. Could you forward this email (below) to the graduate students and
post-docs in your department?

Best,

Elisa Bonnin
PhD Candidate
School of Oceanography
University of Washington

---------------

*Share Your Science! Free Science Writing Workshop on July 29Want to
communicate your science to the public, but are not sure where to start?
Looking to gain experience in writing about your research to non-experts?
The People’s Science <http://www.shareyourscience.org> is hosting a free
workshop on science writing for scientists of all career stages, including
graduate students, post-docs, faculty, and research scientists.The event
will be held on Sunday, July 29, at 1:30pm in Naked City Brewery &
Taphouse. The afternoon will include a workshop on science communication as
well as an opportunity to practice writing for a lay audience. Register
with a ~500 word summary of a research article you would like to
communicate to a broader audience. For more details and to register, go to:
http://www.shareyourscience.org/seattle
<http://www.shareyourscience.org/seattle>.Spots are limited and available
on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration closes on July 20,
11:59pm.We hope to see you there! Let's spread the science!*