[pccgrads] Seminar this Friday (7/13): Lai-Yung (Ruby) Lueng on high-resolution climate modeling

Guillaume Mauger gmauger at uw.edu
Mon Jul 9 07:29:01 PDT 2018

Lai-Yung (Ruby) Lueng will be visiting UW from PNNL this Friday July 13th,
and will be giving a seminar from *1:30-2:30 in ATG
<http://uw.edu/maps/?atg> 310*. Her talk is entitled:

*“An Overview of the Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM) in Phase 1
and Phase 2”*

Although this sounds like a very technical talk, I expect it to be
accessible to a wide audience. I've invited her to UW because of the wide
array of potential applications for climate impacts assessment, hydrologic
modeling, etc., in our region.

For those of you who don't know Ruby
<https://www.pnnl.gov/atmospheric/staff/staff_info.asp?staff_num=5661>, she
has a long history as a regional climate modeler -- working on atmospheric
rivers, aerosol-cloud dynamics, land-atmosphere interactions, etc. -- and
is currently the chief scientist for E3SM <https://e3sm.org/> (formerly
known as ACME).

Cheers,
Guillaume