[pccgrads] Mellon/ACLS Public Fellow Position in Seattle Office - climate mitigation policy team

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri Jan 19 10:06:32 PST 2018

The Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is pleased to announce that we
have been selected by the American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) as a
host organization for the 2018 Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows Program. This
program places recent PhD graduates in the humanities or humanistic social
sciences in two-year positions in U.S. government and non-profit
organizations.

The SEI position will be based in our Seattle office, on our climate
mitigation policy team. The fellow will contribute to SEI’s work on
emerging topics in climate policy, which may include, among others,
low-carbon cities, carbon pricing strategies, climate finance, and the
climate implications of oil and coal extraction. A full position
description can be found at: http://www.acls.org/
uploadedFiles/Fellowships_and_Grants/Competitions_and_
Deadlines/2018/Public-Fellows-SEI.pdf

The fellowship program is made possible by a grant from The Andrew W.
Mellon Foundation. Fellows will receive an annual stipend of $67,500 and
health insurance. Fellows must possess US citizenship or permanent resident
status, and hold a PhD in the humanities or humanistic social sciences
conferred between September 1, 2014 and June 22, 2018. The application
deadline is March 14, 2018 (9pm EDT). For more information visit:
http://www.acls.org/programs/publicfellowscomp/