[pccgrads] ComSciCon-PNW applications due January 12, 2018

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Tue Jan 9 11:05:02 PST 2018

This workshop comes highly recommended by Nancy Williams, a fellow grad
student...

-------------

Ever wondered how to communicate about science and technology using art or
comedy? Do you want to learn how to write effectively about your research
from both scientists and journalists? ComSciCon is a free science
communication workshop created by and for STEM graduate students. The
program includes panel sessions with professional science communicators and
a writing workshop with peer and expert review.

This year we are putting on the second annual ComSciCon-PNW, a local
version of ComSciCon right here in the Pacific Northwest! The event will
take place at the Waterfront Activities Center (University of Washington
Campus) on March 16-17, 2018. For more information, visit our website
<https://comscicon.com/comscicon-pnw-2018>.

Graduate students in the Pacific Northwest are invited to apply for the
workshop! This unique professional development experience will be a
fantastic opportunity to meet leaders in research communication from across
the region, learn from a remarkable group of invited experts, and produce
an original work communicating scholarly research to a new audience.

Interested? Apply here
<https://comscicon.com/comscicon-pnw-2018-application> by January 12, 2018.