[pccgrads] Fwd: [BevanSeries] *REMINDER* Bevan Series: Jan. 4, 2018 4:30 p.m. — Dr. Ray Hilborn

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Jan 4 09:46:12 PST 2018

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the Bevan Series on Sustainable Fisheries kicks off *today
at 4:30 p.m. in the Fishery Auditorium*! Our first speaker is Ray Hilborn,
Professor in the School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, UW. He will be
recapping and commenting on his recent testimony to the U.S. Congress on
the reauthorization of Magnuson-Stevens, and more broadly on whether the
voice of a fisheries scientist can be heard in D.C. given the current
political climate. His talk details can be found below. Don’t miss it!

Best,
Yaamini Venkataraman
Graduate Student, Roberts Lab
School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences