[pccgrads] Fwd: "Imagining the Carbon Cycle: Art +Science", February 26, 2018, 6:00 p.m., UW Center for Urban Horticulture

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Feb 14 12:46:03 PST 2018

May of interest to some!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rachel Lodge <lodgerachel00 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:28 AM
Subject: "Imagining the Carbon Cycle: Art +Science", February 26, 2018,
6:00 p.m., UW Center for Urban Horticulture
To: Rachel Lodge <lodgerachel00 at gmail.com>

*Artist Talk by Rachel Lodge: “Imagining the Carbon Cycle: Art + Science” *
*Monday, February 26, 2018, 6-7 p.m.*

In conjunction with CARBON STORYLINES exhibit
February 1-28, 2018
Elisabeth C. Miller Library, UW Center for Urban Horticulture
3501 NE 41st Street, Seattle, WA
<https://maps.google.com/?q=3501+NE+41st+Street,+Seattle,+WA&entry=gmail&source=g>

Dear Friend,

On February 26 I’ll be giving a talk at the Elisabeth C. Miller Library
about the thinking and process behind the “Carbon Storylines” exhibit now
showing there. I’ll speak about how I came to the carbon cycle as a
subject and my working process for making the animations, digital prints,
and carbon-based objects display in the exhibit, as well as some of the
issues involved in translating the science in an engaging way.

If you haven’t already seen the exhibit, it may be of special interest to
you as a conservationist, science or environmental educator (for adults or
children), or as an advocate for green solutions to climate change. The
Library is open continuously on the day of the talk from 9 a.m. until 8
p.m., so if you are planning to come to the 6:00 p.m. talk there will be
time to see the exhibit before or afterwards. The exhibit closes on
February 28.

Regular Library visiting hours:
https://depts.washington.edu/hortlib/using_library/hours_contact.shtml

UW Botanic Garden event listing:
*https://botanicgardens.uw.edu/about/events/?trumbaEmbed=eventid%3D126794474%26view%3Devent%26-childview%3D
<https://botanicgardens.uw.edu/about/events/?trumbaEmbed=eventid%3D126794474%26view%3Devent%26-childview%3D>*

More images and animation here: racheldlodge.com.

Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think would be
interested. Thanks
so much!

Rachel Lodge

racheldlodge.com