[pccgrads] 5/1 Graduate Student Seminar and Burke Museum Trivia

Megan Feddern mfeddern at uw.edu
Mon Apr 30 10:37:24 PDT 2018

Hello All!

The PCC will be hosting our second Graduate Student Seminar tomorrow *TUESDAY,
May 1st,* from 5:30 to 6:30 pm in ATG 610.

Rebeca de Buen Kalman of Evans School of Public Policy will talk about *"How
transportation policy affects bike usage in Mexico City"*

This will be a great presentation accompanied with pizza, *be*v*er*ages ,
and conversation.

If you can't make the seminar or want to continue the conversation and
getting to your fellow PCC members afterwards, we will be heading over to
College Inn Pub for first Tuesdays, a trivia night hosted by the Burke
Museum! All are welcome to join.

_____________________________

Throughout this quarter, the PCC graduate community will host a biweekly
Graduate Student Seminar (GSS) where students share their expertise on
climate science in a fun, relaxed, yet "seriously" academic environment.
Talks are designed to educate non-experts while exposing other graduate
students to the questions and research at the forefront of climate
science. Other topics and dates for this quarter are:

5/15 *Stephanie Rushley on her interdisciplinary PSS fellowship work
relating corals **and** the MJO*

*5/29 Ben Miller on **methane** sources in the Mekong River system*

Hope to see you next week,
Megan, Hillary, Scott, Kelly, Michael, and Rebeca
PGraSC Community Outreach Committee

--
Megan Feddern
Holtgrieve Ecosystem Ecology Lab