[pccgrads] Last chance: Register for the 2018 Sustaining Our World Lecture

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Mon Apr 23 13:30:42 PDT 2018

To view this email as a web page, click here
<http://discover.uw.edu/v/v01108jn0yxOAVdJQ00q000>

[image: College of the Environment | University of Washington]
<http://discover.uw.edu/z0q10yx0001Q8cjJAV20O00> [image: Block W Logo]
<http://discover.uw.edu/s0dj0xJ01Q830A0q1V00y0O>

SEFS HOME <http://discover.uw.edu/z0q10yx0001Q8cjJAV20O00> | College Home
<http://discover.uw.edu/R00x11JQqy0000V0AeOj480>
Dear students, staff, faculty, alumni, and friends,

*Our annual Sustaining Our World Lecture is almost here. Don't forget to
register <http://discover.uw.edu/r10f0O0j0Q5x18AJV00q0y0> for this special
event with Dr. Jonathan Foley from the California Academy of Sciences!*

As executive director of the California Academy of Sciences
<http://discover.uw.edu/f00jy0x01g00JQ0qA8O6V01> in San Francisco, Foley
oversees the institution’s programs of scientific research, education, and
public engagement. Throughout his career, he has made major contributions
to our understanding of worldwide changes in ecosystems, land use and
climate, and global food security. His newest initiative, PlanetVision
<http://discover.uw.edu/p0100A0J7O0q0h8Qyx0V1j0>, inspires us to work
together and look to science and nature for guidance to find a new way
forward.
[image: 2018 Sustaining Our World Lecture speaker, Jonathan Foley]
2018 Sustaining Our World Lecture speaker, Jonathan Foley

- What: “PlanetVision: A New Framework for Building a Sustainable
Future, Based on Hope, Practical Solutions, and Collaboration.”
- When: Thursday, April 26, 2018 from 6-7 p.m.
- Where: Anderson Hall, Room 223

The talk is free and open to the public, but we encourage you to register
in advance <http://discover.uw.edu/r10f0O0j0Q5x18AJV00q0y0> to make sure we
have enough seating. (Also, Anderson Hall is one of the older buildings on
campus and has no elevators to the second floor or ramp access at any
entrance; our sincere apologies for any difficulty in accessing the room.)

We hope you will join us for this special opportunity.
Register Today <http://discover.uw.edu/r10f0O0j0Q5x18AJV00q0y0>
<http://discover.uw.edu/r10f0O0j0Q5x18AJV00q0y0>

*To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services
Office at 206-543-6450 (voice), 206-543-6452 (TTY), 206-685-7264 (fax) or
dso at uw.edu <http://discover.uw.edu/Xyx0V8Q08000Oj11q00JAi0>. The University
of Washington makes every effort to honor disability accommodation
requests. Requests can be responded to most effectively if received as far
in advance of the event as possible, preferably at least 10 days.*
[image: Be Boundless / For Washington, For the World]
Contact Us <http://discover.uw.edu/O0j0V1qO00008Axj090yJ1Q> | Privacy
<http://discover.uw.edu/dy0xVJk8jq0O100Q1a000A0> | Terms
<http://discover.uw.edu/c0100qVA0x8Q0JyOb01lj00>

© 2018 School of Environmental and Forest Sciences
3715 W Stevens Way NE, Seattle, WA 98195
<https://maps.google.com/?q=3715+W+Stevens+Way+NE,+Seattle,+WA+98195&entry=gmail&source=g>
This email was sent to etismeimet at gmail.com
<http://discover.uw.edu/dc/yvonK0ScxaowB3lUoEuF6h2DYIgWOQr8__xAjRSFFrw=/Xyx0VcQ08000Oj11q00JAm0>
Unsubscribe or change your email preferences
<http://discover.uw.edu/dc/s0_afFuVBeZpG5HfC2pItdoyk_iXqjUzdyU9feBL9niw9StyPnLEmqJsTJOlbjtgXDeSeeu3hz6c5Ttevyih_SWlr56HQo-fW_BMyVZ9-TtcT6BRfdDvuOj4vjvmwe5DXJ4VbXG0cx5ccKCVZhr9BiQsDVfw3RMqkr3rjl4CoG7alkTnZ1ZaiJlh4rGdwNQR/Xyx0VcQ08000Oj11q00JAm0>
Forward this email to a friend
<http://discover.uw.edu/v/Y0y1j0e8V00q1000xQA0oOJ>