[pccgrads] Now Accepting Applications for the 2018 Graduate Climate Conference!!!

Michael S Diamond diamond2 at uw.edu
Mon Apr 23 12:45:23 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Applications for the 2018 Graduate Climate Conference are now live! I
*highly* encourage you to apply — attending and organizing the GCC has been
one of the highlights of my graduate career, and everyone I know who's been
to a GCC has had a positive experience.

I'm copying our full announcement below along with color and
black-and-white fliers. Please feel free to share this with anyone, at UW
or in your networks elsewhere, who may be interested. We've expanded the
attendance at this year's conference to 120 participants and we're hoping
to have our most diverse group (in terms of both research focus and life
experience) yet.

Cheers,
Michael, Emma, & the GCC 2018 Organizing Committee

*Now Accepting Applications for the 2018 Graduate Climate Conference
Graduate students associated with University of Washington’s Program on
Climate Change are pleased to announce the 12th Annual Graduate Climate
Conference (GCC), which will be held November 2-4, 2018 at the University
of Washington Pack Forest Conference Center. The GCC is an
interdisciplinary conference run by graduate students, for graduate
students. The organizers of GCC strive to feature a diverse representation
of students and research topics to create a broader, more inclusive
community for emerging leaders in climate-related fields. We encourage
students from all backgrounds and stages of their graduate careers to
apply. GCC highlights climate research from a variety of disciplines from
the physical, natural, and social sciences and humanities, including
anthropology, atmospheric sciences, biology, communication, environmental
sciences, economics, engineering, ethics, geography, geology, law,
oceanography, public policy, resource management, and more. We highly
encourage abstracts from students with traditionally underrepresented
backgrounds. Applications for GCC 2018 are now open. The deadline for
abstract submission is June 1. Lodging and meals are covered for all
participants. Limited travel funding will also be awarded on an as-needed
basis to as many participants as possible. For more information and access
to the application, please see www.graduateclimateconference.com
<http://www.graduateclimateconference.com>.Please contact the organizing
committee with any questions at gradclimateconference at gmail.com
<gradclimateconference at gmail.com>.We hope to see you in November!
Sincerely,The GCC 2018 Organizing Committee*

--
Michael S. Diamond
PhD Student