[pccgrads] GCC12 Kickoff Meeting

Marysa Laguë mlague at uw.edu
Mon Nov 20 11:07:49 PST 2017

Hello All,

*GCC-12 Kickoff Meeting Tuesday, Dec 5th at 3:30 pm, ATG 310*

The Graduate Climate Conference (GCC) is a ridiculously fun conference run
entirely by grad students, for grad students. It happens once a year and is
attended by ~100 grad students from around the USA and the world. The GCC
was started by students at UW 12 years ago; hosting of the GCC alternates
between UW and MIT.

UW will be hosting the 12th Annual GCC in autumn of 2018, so now is the
time to start thinking about organizing the planning committee for the
upcoming conference!

We'll be hosting a GCC kickoff planning meeting in ATG 310 on Tuesday,
December 5th at 3:30 pm. There will be lots past GCC committee members
present to answer questions about the planning process (and the conference
in general - you don't need to have been to a GCC before to help plan!)

If you're not *sure* you'd like to be involved, and just want to come here
more about what is involved, you're more than welcome to attend! Also, if
you *are* interested but can't make it to the kickoff meeting, fear not!
Just send me an email and I'll make sure you're added to the list of
interested organizers!

Feel free to share with those who might not be on the pccgrads listserv.

Hope to see you there!

Marysa Laguë

Department of Applied Mathematics