[pccgrads] Public comment project--workshops offered this 6/1 and 6/2

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed May 31 13:29:44 PDT 2017

Volunteer with the Public Comment Project!

There has been a lot of recent discussion about pathways for scientists to
ensure that their research is applied to evidence-based policy. Graduate
students in SAFS, QERM and COM have developed a site designed specifically
for scientists which provides resources to plug into federal agency
decision-making through the process of public comment.

While many senior scientists already participate in federal agency
rule-making, public comment facilitates engagement by early-career
scientists, across disciplines and sectors, and on a scientists' own time.
We increase the accessibility of public comment to scientists through both
engagement tools and an educational platform. This not only enables
scientists' participation in evidence-based policy, but also helps federal
agencies achieve their own goals when developing regulations and research
methods.

But we need your help!

A major aspect of our site is making federal agency documents more
accessible to scientists. We're looking for volunteers to read and summarize
documents open for comment in their respective scientific field. As a
volunteer, you'll get valuable science communication and policy experience
while helping other scientists contribute to evidence-based regulations.
Interested in joining us? Attend our workshop on Thursday, June 1st @ 3pm or
Friday, June 2nd @ 2pm in FSH 113. Contact us at
<mailto:info at sciencetopolicy.org> info at sciencetopolicy.org to RSVP and for
more information.