[pccgrads] FW:Q SCI hiring 1 reader/grader for Q SCI 292: Analysis
for Biologists II (Calculus)
uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 16 10:08:06 PDT 2017
We have one additional reader/grader position available for Q SCI 292: Analysis for Biologists II with Steve Scherba. Can you please help me spread the word to your students looking for additional work hours in spring quarter? Applications reviewed upon submission.
Center for Quantitative Sciences (CQS) Advising
t: 206.543.7426 <tel:(206)%20543-7426> e: cqs at uw.edu
<http://www.washington.edu/maps/#!/fsh> Fishery Sciences Building Room 116
Center for Quantitative Science
Spring Quarter 2017
The Center for Quantitative Science is accepting applications for 1 Reader/Grader for Spring Quarter, 2017 Q SCI 292: Analysis for Biologists II: Integral Calculus and Differential Equations (Professor Steve Scherba).
· Solid competency in calculus (and elementary differential equations).
· (preferred) Undergraduate course in calculus equivalent to that of the UW’s Math 124 – 126 and a possibly a course in elementary differential equations
· (preferred) Experience with undergraduate Q SCI courses, and the Q SCI 291/292 course series in particular
· Current academic standing as a UW Graduate Student
· Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration
· Reader/Graders should expect approximately 10 hours/week with a total quarterly limit of 110 hours, 3/27/2017 – 6/9/17
· Grade weekly homework
· Assist the Teaching Assistant as necessary
· Grade exams and other assignments as requested
· Help answer email and discussion board questions as requested
· Other duties as assigned by instructor
Please submit the following by e-mail ( <mailto:cqs at uw.edu> cqs at uw.edu) or in person (FSH 116, Box 355020 attn: Joe Kobayashi). Applications reviewed upon submission.
· Statement detailing:
o Interest and qualifications for teaching the course(s)
o Prior experience taking/teaching Q SCI courses
o Current academic status, home department, and faculty advisor
Questions? Contact <mailto:cqs at uw.edu> cqs at uw.edu
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450 <tel:(206)%20543-6450> /206.543.6452 <tel:(206)%20543-6452> (tty) or dso at u.washington.edu.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pccgrads