[pccgrads] Inaugural Spring Symposium April 8th, Register by March 17th (Friday!)

Paige Logan pdlogan at uw.edu
Wed Mar 15 18:35:30 PDT 2017

The PCC Graduate Steering Committee would like to remind everyone that
registration for the first annual (grad student-organized!) Spring
Symposium is closing this *Friday, March 17th at 5pm*. It only takes 5
minutes to register and you do not have to attend the entire* 9:00am-5:30pm
event on April 8*. Though we encourage everyone to present some work if
possible (a recycled poster from a conference is fine!), we also welcome
participants who just want to come and listen!

Registration form found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/
1FAIpQLSclabZTPEqnSVFBIc8_CZK2zH9jHfcGOB62b3gn8x-2A8kjgA/
viewform?usp=sf_link

This day-long event is *open to all members of the PCC community* and will
include a variety of talks by PCC graduate students and postdocs, as well
as an afternoon poster session with beer, wine, and hors d'oeuvres.
Talks/posters can be on your research, capstone/outreach project, or on any
topic the PCC community may find interesting. For example, a presentation
on the best colorbars for science communication would be just as fitting as
one on the dynamics of the MJO. Talks are first-come, first-served so
register soon to grab your spot!

*We hope this event will help to build up the PCC community by providing
opportunities for networking, particularly between grad students and
postdocs*. By keeping the presentations fairly short we hope to provide the
opportunity for as many people as possible to share their research with the
community. Understanding what others, especially in other departments, are
working on with respect to climate is critical for generating the kind of
interdisciplinary collaborations central to the PCC. It also gives you a
chance to learn who you should be directing your ocean circulation/carbon
budget/vector-borne disease/etc. questions toward in the PCC community!

A tentative schedule for the day is attached.

PCC Spring Symposium Committee (Paige Logan, Hillary Scannell, Michael
Diamond, Marysa Lague, Emma Kahle)

--
Paige Logan
Graduate Student