[pccgrads] Coffee with Kent Moore, Monday, March 13 in JHN 377, 10:30 a.m. (THIS Monday)!

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Sun Mar 12 19:42:17 PDT 2017

Colleagues,

On behalf of the QRC, I invite you to stop by the QRC (JHN 377) this Monday (March 13) between 10:30 and 11:30am to meet the newest UW Canadian Arctic Fulbright Scholar, Dr. Kent Moore.

Dr. Moore has a Ph.D in Geophysical Fluid Dynamics (Princeton) and is currently Professor of Physics at the University of Toronto. His research interests include: theoretical geophysical fluid dynamics, mesoscale meteorology, polar meteorology, high latitude air-sea-ice interactions, physical oceanography, paleoclimatology and high altitude physiology.

Given the vibrant interest across our group in climate, paleoclimate and all things polar, we thought it would be nice to have an opportunity to gather, meet Kent to and relax briefly at the end of a busy term.

Also, Dr. Moore is teaching the Arctic Fulbright course this Spring (Arctic 401) as an Introduction to Arctic Climate.

Best

Eric