[pccgrads] NW Climate Science Center-climate communicaton capstone possibility

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 24 12:43:13 PST 2017

Northwest Climate Science Center Offering GCeCS
<https://pcc.uw.edu/education/graduate-certificate/> Capstone Opportunity

The <https://www.nwclimatescience.org/> Northwest Climate Science Center
(NW CSC) has an opportunity for a graduate student to develop a capstone
project that will help us with our ongoing climate science communication
efforts. The NW CSC provides climate science support to managers of our
region's natural resources. The UW office is looking for a student
interested in helping improve our communication projects while also working
on a capstone project. This opportunity is ideal for a student interested
in learning about federal programs.

Possible capstone projects include (1) writing and assessing the impact of
feature stories about NW CSC research that would be widely distributed (2)
teaching the public about sea level rise at a planned open house and (3)
designing and leading a segment of the NW CSC Climate Boot Camp
<https://www.nwclimatescience.org/bootcamp> . There are other
opportunities, each characterized by science communication and the
evaluation of what was learned by the constituents and how they valued the
communication.

Interested students are encouraged to contact Lisa Hayward at
<mailto:lhayward at uw.edu> lhayward at uw.edu. We are hoping to have a student
on-board with us winter quarter.