[pccgrads] FW: [Coenv_advisers] MLK Missing Map Event here in Anderson 207 Sunday Jan 15th 1-4pm

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri Jan 13 13:55:52 PST 2017

The American Red Cross and OpenStreetMap Seattle community is offering a
service opportunity for the Martin Luther King Day of Service.

Please join us for a Missing Maps mapping event to honor Dr. King's life and
legacy of compassion and service. This event will be held from 1:00pm to
4:00pm in the Forest Club Room at Anderson Hall (And 207).

What is Missing Maps?: When disasters like Hurricane Matthew and the 2016
Ecuador earthquake happen, first responders need maps to make important
relief effort decisions. However, most of the world is not on any map! To
help, we will be using our web browsers to look at aerial photos of
vulnerable countries, and adding roads and buildings that we see to the map.

No experience is necessary, and all you will need to bring is a laptop
(though a charger and mouse is really nice to have)! This is the second year
we have held this event - please join us for just a couple of hours, and
help make it another great success!

To sign up, please register at the following URL:

<https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=vms_public_form&form_id=81>
https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=vms_public_form&form_id=81

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa Nordlund

Undergraduate Adviser

School of Environmental and Forest Sciences

College of the Environment

University of Washington

Box 352100, Seattle, WA 98195-2100

VM: 206-543-3077 <tel:(206)%20543-3077> FAX: 206-685-0790
<tel:(206)%20685-0790>

BLOG: uwsfr.wordpress.com

WEB: sefs.washington.edu

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass it's learning to dance in
the rain"

Unknown