[pccgrads] FW: Environmental communications panel (March 2)

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 28 10:31:57 PST 2017

All are welcome!

Environmental Communications – Science Communications

Professional panel discussion

Thursday, March 2, 2017

3:30 – 4:50pm

Wallace Hall, Commons

John Meyer – UW College of the Environment

Marley Jarvis – Pacific Science Center

Michelle Ma – UW, Office of News & Information

Jim Wharton – The Seattle Aquarium

Please join us for our FINAL environmental communications panel this Thursday (Mar 2) in Wallace Hall Commons from 3:30PM-4:50PM. We've covered a different aspect of environmental communications with local professionals: journalism, environmental advocacy, green business, online/social media, and science communication.

This week: should scientists advocate for policy? What’s the best way to communicate uncertainty and environmental risk? How can science communication engage diverse voices? We’ll discuss these topics and many others with panelists involved in science communication work!

Best,

Sean

P. Sean McDonald, PhD
Lecturer/Capstone Instructor - PoE
Research Scientist - SAFS
University of Washington
Box 355679
Seattle, WA 98195-5679

15D Wallace Hall [ <http://uw.edu/maps/?acc> map]
PoE office: 206-616-2186 <tel:(206)%20616-2186>
<http://pseanmcdonald.com> pseanmcdonald.com

Twitter: @pseanmc

Appointment schedule: <http://tinyurl.com/pseanmcdonald> http://tinyurl.com/pseanmcdonald