[pccgrads] GSS Next Week: Next generation battery technology

Michael S Diamond diamond2 at uw.edu
Tue Feb 28 08:54:21 PST 2017

Hello PCC-ers,

We have an exciting Graduate Student Seminar planned for you next week:
Grant Williamson from the Molecular Engineering department will be talking
about new battery technologies under research at the Clean Energy Institute
and why we should care about batteries in general.

The GSS will go from *5-6 PM in ATG 610 on Tuesday, March 7th*. As always,
we'll have snacks, pizza, and *be*v*er*ages for your enjoyment. All
interested graduate students (and post-docs too!) are encouraged to attend.

*What is the GSS?*
Throughout the year, the PCC graduate community hosts a mid week Graduate
Student Seminar (GSS) where students share their expertise on climate
science in a fun, relaxed, yet "seriously" academic environment. Talks are
designed to educate non-experts while exposing other graduate students to
the questions and research at the forefront of climate science. This is a
great opportunity to practice communicating your work. If you would like to
get involved and give a talk, please email Hillary (scanh at uw.edu) and we'll
put you on the schedule!

Hope to see you next week!

Hillary, Leah, Michael, and Rebeca