[pccgrads] Feb 22 Climate Seminar Menu

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Feb 22 07:23:14 PST 2017

Today's Climate Seminar Menu...

CIG Brown Bag at Noon

Please join the Climate Impacts Group in OCN 203 from Noon to 1pm on
Wednesday (2/22) for our Brown Bag seminar.

We're happy to have Jeff Arnold, Senior Scientist, U.S. Army Corps of
Engineers make a presentation:

Are We Telling Decisionmakers the Wrong Things - and with Too Much
Confidence?

This talk includes recent work by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau
of Reclamation, University of Washington, and National Center for
Atmospheric Research to develop and test methods to characterize more fully
the uncertainties in the modeling chain for real-world uses.

Physical Oceanography Lunch Seminar at 12:30

How much, how fast? The fate of the Antarctic ice sheet in a warmer climate

Knut Christianson
UW Earth & Space Sciences

12:30 P.M., 425 Ocean Sciences Building

Atmos & Climate Dynamics Seminar, ATM S 521 at 3:30PM

Wei Zhao, UW
COGS presentation--SC-5 'Diurnal Cycle of Clouds and Precipitation at the
ARM SGP Site'
Location: ATG 310

PCC posts events at

https://pcc.uw.edu/events/

Let us know if you know of an event of interest to the PCC audience.