[pccgrads] FW: Student Video Competition on Climate Change Impacts

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 16 15:12:54 PST 2017

Dear Madam or Sir,

I wanted to write to inform you about a video contest put on by the Climate Cost Project called the “Witnessing Change Video Competition." The competition aims to have students make short 2-min documentaries about the climate change impacts in their communities. Our purpose is to have students serve as ambassadors to the public about the climate impacts that are happening in America now. There is no fee for entry and winners will receive cash prizes of $US 500 and $US 250 dollars respectively. We will also publicize the videos both directly through the Climate Cost Project, and through our partner organizations. We will also work to get the films shown at local film festivals and theaters around the country.

I am of course writing to you because I am wondering if you would be willing to share this opportunity with some of your students with the University of Washington’s program on Climate Change, particularly those who may be interested in climate change policy, impacts, and communication.

You can read more about the competition here: http://www.climatecostproject.org/video-competition <http://media.wix.com/ugd/7fc012_451f32f9cd50403e99a980d29cf52f8f.pdf> . You can find out more about the Climate Cost Project on our webpage: www.climatecostproject.org. The Climate Cost Project is a non-profit organization fiscally sponsored by the Open Space Institute funded with support from the Alex C. Walker and Kettering Family Foundations. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sieren Ernst

Co-founder

Climate Cost Project

m: 540.660.9094