[pccgrads] FW: Data Rescue Seattle Event

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 16 14:37:44 PST 2017

The UW libraries are going to have a data rescue event from federal like those being done across the US. All open data was recently wiped from Whitehouse.gov so if you’re interested in helping preserve data, consider signing up for this. Please forward this to anyone you think would be interested in this.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seattle-data-rescue-event-tickets-32105338933

Digital data is easy to distribute, but can disappear easily when websites change. Join the University of Washington Libraries for a one-day event as we locate data to archive from the federal government and find ways to archive what web crawlers cannot grab.

Data Rescue Seattle will be held at the University of Washington on February 25, from 12pm-6:30pm in the Odegaard Undergraduate Library. Feel free to arrive late or leave early -- we appreciate any time you can volunteer for this event. Please bring your own laptop.

___________________________

Tim Thomas - PhD Candidate

Urban at UW Homeless Initiative

Program Coordinator & GRA