[pccgrads] Announcing the 11th Graduate Climate Conference

Michael S Diamond diamond2 at uw.edu
Fri Apr 14 09:10:22 PDT 2017

Hi PCC grads,

MIT is getting ready to open applications for the 11th annual Graduate
Climate Conference — I'm copying their announcement below. MIT and UW trade
off hosting the GCC each year, and last year's GCC at Pack Forest was a
great experience. I highly encourage anyone interested to apply to GCC11
this year.

Cheers,
Michael

Calling all graduate students studying climate,

Graduate students in MIT's Program in Atmospheres, Oceans and Climate and
the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution are pleased to announce the 11th
Graduate Climate Conference! GCC11 is scheduled for November 10-12, 2017 at
the Marine Biological Laboratory on the south shores of Cape Cod, MA. This
is a unique conference for grad students, organized and run by grad
students.

This year's conference is focused on bringing together graduate researchers
who think about climate from all disciplines, including but not limited to
atmospheric, biological, earth, and ocean sciences, geography,
anthropology, public policy, and economics. The conference is unique
because only students attend, providing a rare opportunity for the next
generation of climate researchers to interact without the inhibitions that
accompany the presence of faculty and senior scientists.

Applications will open by the end of April and the deadline for abstract
submission will be in June. Food, lodging, and conference registration fees
are provided by our generous sponsors; travel grants will be provided on an
as-needed basis to as many participants as possible.

For more information, and a link to the application page, visit the
official website: http://gradclimateconf.mit.edu. Feel free to contact the
organizing committee with questions at gcc-2017 at mit.edu.

To help spread the word, please forward this email to those who may be
interested in applying.

And if you'd like to get an update for when applications are open, please
fill out this google form with your e-mail address.

We hope to see you in November!

Cheers,

The GCC 2017 Organizing Committee

--