[pccgrads] FW: Tenure-track faculty position in Fresh Water, UC Santa Cruz

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Oct 13 20:09:28 PDT 2016

Nicole Feldl, PCC graduate student of the not so distant past, sent this
position announcement along.

"UC Santa Cruz is conducting a broad search for an assistant professor in
fresh water. . I thought the position would be of interest to current
participants. .. The cluster hire mentioned in the job ad refers to a
separate biogeochemistry position (https://recruit.ucsc.edu/apply/JPF00399)"

Dear Colleagues,

The Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences (EPS) at the University of
California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) invites applications for a tenure-track
faculty position in Fresh Water at or near Earth's surface. We are
especially interested in applicants who will develop a world class research
program involving the physics and/or chemistry of hydrologic systems and
processes and will complement and potentially collaborate in areas such as
hydrogeology, geomorphology, atmospheric science, climate dynamics,
glaciology, and/or biogeochemistry. We welcome applicants who conduct
research using laboratory, field, remote sensing, and/or modeling tools. The
successful applicant will have a strong commitment to teaching at both the
undergraduate and graduate levels, including supervision and mentoring of
graduate students. We are especially interested in applicants who can
contribute to the diversity and excellence of the UCSC academic community
through research, teaching, and/or service. This position is part of a
cluster hire in support of the new Environmental Sciences undergraduate
program at UCSC.

RANK: Assistant Professor

SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, academic year
(9-month) basis

BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Ph.D. or equivalent foreign degree in Earth Science,
Environmental Science, Hydrology, or an allied discipline

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A demonstrated record of research excellence and
outstanding promise as a teacher and mentor

POSITION AVAILABLE: July 1, 2017, with academic year beginning September
2017

TO APPLY: Applications are to be submitted via the UCSC Academic Recruit
online system, and must include: a curriculum vitae, a statement of planned
research activities, a statement of teaching interests, a statement
addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity (through
research, teaching, and/or service); the names and contact information
(including email address) of four (4) references; and three (3) examples of
published materials. All documents must be submitted as PDF files.

Apply at https://recruit.ucsc.edu/apply/JPF00396

Refer to Position #JPF00396-17 in all correspondence.

CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin on November 23, 2016.

Nicole Feldl

Assistant Professor

Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences

University of California, Santa Cruz

http://people.ucsc.edu/~nfeldl/