[pccgrads] PCC Grad Happy Hour - Wednesday Oct. 12 @5:30pm - Big Time Brewing (and a few updates)

Gregory Quetin gquetin at washington.edu
Wed Oct 5 10:42:45 PDT 2016

Hello PCC Grads,

I hear that undergraduates are sending stressed out emails about homework
questions so Fall must be here. Welcome to Fall!

*Happy Hour*
To celebrate the return of rain and cloudy weather, lets get together for a
Happy Hour at *Big Time Brewing on Wednesday October 12th at 5:30pm*. This
is a great chance for people new to PCC to meet some new friends and figure
out what PCC is all about, and a chance for the grizzled veterans to catch
up on all the 'research' and 'writing' accomplished during the summer.

*Brief Catch Up Notes*
Just to make this email look longer and scarier, a few updates on PCC
goings on since the all grads meeting in June. The Fall Happy Hour will
follow the second meeting of P-GraSC (PCC Graduate Student Steering
Committee), group of Michael S Diamond, Ashly Spevaceck, Marysa Lague,
Gregory Quetin, Stephen Po-Chedley, Jennifer Hsiao, Marlies Kovenock, Diana
Gergel, Miriam Calkins, Emma Kahle, Rebeca de Buen, Hillary Scannell, Paige
Logan, Leah Johnson, and Caitlin E. Littlefield who have volunteered to
prioritize and make some of the great ideas from the all hands meeting
happen. We will have more information about this after the next meeting
(Strategic Plans?! Subcomittees? Volunteer opportunities?), but if you have
ideas of ways to make the PCC rock all the more let us know if we can help!

Finally, if you missed the Summer Institute, welcome to Paige Logan as our
new Graduate Student Representative to PCC. This begins the new two GSR tag
team.

See you at the happy hour!

Best,
Greg