[pccgrads] One week left to apply to the Graduate Climate Conference

Michael S Diamond diamond2 at uw.edu
Wed May 25 12:03:22 PDT 2016

One week left to apply for the GCC — make sure you get your abstract in by
June 1!

There is still one week left to submit your abstract to the 10th Annual
Graduate Climate Conference, which will be held October 28-30, 2016 at the
University of Washington Pack Forest Conference Center!

The Graduate Climate Conference (GCC) is an interdisciplinary climate
conference run by graduate students, for graduate students, with the goal
of assembling a broad range of talks and posters featuring high-quality
research focused on past, present, and future climate change and its
impacts.

We encourage students at all stages of their graduate career to apply and
we seek abstracts on climate research from a variety of disciplines from
the physical, natural, and social sciences and humanities, including:
anthropology, atmospheric sciences, biology, Earth and environmental
sciences, economics, engineering, ethics, geography, law, oceanography, public
policy, and resource management.

*We highly encourage abstracts from students with traditionally
under-represented backgrounds.*

The abstract submission period opened on April 11 and *closes **June 1*.
Lodging and meals are covered for all participants. Limited travel funding
is also available. Please see our website for more information and for
submitting abstracts: www.graduateclimateconference.com

Cheers,
The GCC 2016 organizing committee

--