[pccgrads] FW: Webinar Monday 5/9/16 at 1:30 pm ET- Making the Connection: Climate Changes Allergies and Asthma

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed May 11 07:49:01 PDT 2016

<http://www.apha.org/climate-changes-health> Making the Connection: Climate
Changes Health

A Four-Part Webinar Series

APHA and ecoAmerica are proud to co-sponsor a four-part webinar series
investigating the health impacts of climate change. The series explores the
connection between climate change and key areas of our health: allergies and
asthma; health risks in children; mental health; and transportation and
healthy community design as a mitigation approach.

Part I - Making the Connection: Climate Changes Allergies and Asthma

Monday, May 9, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. EDT

Don't miss the start of the series! During this webinar, participants will
discover how climate change conditions impact allergies and asthma.Register
today: <https://cc.readytalk.com/r/ommujbqr9be7&eom>
https://cc.readytalk.com/r/ommujbqr9be7&eom!

Moderator:

Mark Mitchell, MD, MPH

Chair, National Medical Association Council on Medical Legislation

Co-Chair, National Medical Association Commission on Environmental Health

Presenters:

David B. Peden, MD, MS

Associate Chair for Research & Chief, Division of Pediatric Allergy,
Immunology & Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics

Director, Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma & Lung Biology

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine

Mona Sarfaty, MD, MPH

Director, Program on Climate and Health

Center for Climate Change Communication

George Mason University

One free CME, CPH, or CHES credit is available for this activity.
Participants must register, attend the entire live webinar and complete the
evaluation online to obtain a CE certificate. You will receive an email from
cpd at confex.com 48 hours after the webinar to complete your evaluation.

Stay involved! Follow the conversation on social media using the hashtags
#APHAwebinar and #ClimateChangesHealth. For more information on how climate
change impacts health, please visit <http://www.apha.org/climate>
www.apha.org/climate. Learn more about
<http://www.apha.org/topics-and-issues/climate-change/climate-for-health>
Climate for Health, and join health leaders from across the nation to lead
by example and engage others on climate solutions.

Upcoming webinars in the Climate Change Health series:

Part II - Making the Connection: Climate Changes Children's Health
Thursday, May 26, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. EDT
In our second webinar of the series, participants will gain insights on how
climate change can influence children's health and well-being. Register
today: <https://cc.readytalk.com/r/tt0r2lsy0e8m&eom>
https://cc.readytalk.com/r/tt0r2lsy0e8m&eom!

Part III - Making the Connection: Changing Climate through Healthy Community
Design and Transportation
Tuesday, June 7, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. EDT
In our third webinar of the Climate Changes Health series, participants will
discover how transportation and healthy community design can ease the
clinical impacts of climate change. Register today:
<https://cc.readytalk.com/r/2vq118ildap5&eom>
https://cc.readytalk.com/r/2vq118ildap5&eom!

Part IV - Making the Connection: Climate Changes Mental Health
Wednesday, June 29, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. EDT
In our fourth and final webinar of the Climate Changes Health series,
participants will gain insights on how the conditions of climate change can
impact mental health and how this presents itself in our communities.
Register today: <https://cc.readytalk.com/r/ngtz8om83waj&eom>
https://cc.readytalk.com/r/ngtz8om83waj&eom!

This webinar was funded through a memorandum of understanding between the
American Public Health Association and ecoAmerica. The contents of this
webinar are solely the responsibility of the presenters and do not
necessarily represent the official views of the American Public Health
Association or ecoAmerica.