[pccgrads] GSS - Tomorrow! - 5/10 @5pm OSB 425 - Matthew Woelfle - What's to blame for the double-ITCZ bias?

Gregory Quetin gquetin at atmos.washington.edu
Mon May 9 15:06:42 PDT 2016

Hi All,

Matthew Woelfle will be presenting tomorrow (05/10) *"What's to blame for
the double-ITCZ bias? **Examining transient error growth in a coupled GCM*
*”*. Let's think about rain.

Still one spot left this quarter, if you are interested in giving a talk
send me an email or we will be forced to resort to finding different
entertainment on May 31st.

See you there,
Greg

*What is the GSS, you ask?*
The PCC Graduate Student Seminar (GSS) is organized by graduate students
for graduate students. The series provides an extremely laid back
environment where grad students give 25-35 min presentations on their
research followed by a 20 minutes of questions/discussion on the topic.
It's a great opportunity to see what is going on in climate research with
your fellow students down the hall or across campus. Plus, it you are
interested in presenting, it's a great chance to show off some of your own
research and receive feedback on your work. Presentations should be geared
toward a general scientific audience (of graduate students) with ample
background information so everyone can follow. As always, *be*v*er*ages
will be provided for a minimal donation.

Gregory R. Quetin
email: gquetin at atmos.washington.edu <gquetin at atmos.washington.edu>
www.gregoryrossquetin.com