[pccgrads] Fwd: Science Experiment Teacher

outreachcoordinators at atmos.washington.edu outreachcoordinators at atmos.washington.edu
Thu Mar 31 14:38:40 PDT 2016

CoEnv Outreachers,

The Atmos Outreach Coordinators have received a request to conduct science
experiments with a young group (1st, 2nd graders). It sounds like this
would be scheduled at some point in the afternoon after elementary school
lets out.

Because the responder would be financially remunerated for their time, any
agreement you reach with Ms. Reznik would be separate from an "official"
outreach activity. And while the emails below suggest this may be a
recurring event, any responder is under no obligation to do this more than
once. If the below is something you'd be interested in trying once, send an
email directly to Ms. Tamara Reznik, included below.

-Max

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tamara Reznik <fprints99 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: Science Experiment Teacher
To: UWAtmosOutreach <outreachcoordinators at atmos.washington.edu>

Thanks!

My main goal is to make/keep science fun and cool for a young group of
mainly girls. This was my daughter's idea to do with her friends and I
want to maintain that excitement. I also want them to learn something
about science in a small environment where they can interact directly and
ask questions.

As I am asking someone to spend time on this, I am assuming that I would
pay them as I would pay a tutor. I think the way to frame it is that I'm
looking for a science tutor for a small group of girls doing science
experiments.

I think you're right that once a week is a bit much. I'd love to try it
once and if it's successful maybe we can do it once a month or something.

Anybody who is interested can reach out to me directly at trez10 at gmail.com
or 206-618-6250.

Thanks!
Tamara