[pccgrads] ATM S Distinguished Visiting Lecturer: Dr. Shang-Ping Xie

Michael S Diamond diamond2 at uw.edu
Wed Mar 30 08:37:38 PDT 2016

Hey PCC grads,

I wanted to let you all know that the graduate students of the Atmospheric
Sciences Department will be hosting Dr. Shang-Ping Xie as our Distinguished
Visiting Lecturer next week. We'll be having a public lecture on Thursday
and a colloquium on Friday that many of you may be interested in (more on
that tomorrow), but we also have a couple of 30 min slots still open to
meet with Dr. Xie.

Dr. Xie has worked on a range of issues in tropical climatology of interest
to atmospheric scientists, oceanographers, and anyone who studies climate
more broadly. Let me know — preferably by tomorrow evening — if you're
interested in setting up a meeting.

Cheers,
Michael

P.S. A bit more on Shang-Ping's research is available here:
http://iprc.soest.hawaii.edu/users/xie/

--
Michael S. Diamond
Graduate Student