[pccgrads] FW: FW: MobilizeGreen Conference and Diversity Career Fair at the University of Washington on April 7-8, 2016

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 14 13:31:51 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joe Casola <jcasola at uw.edu>
Date: Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Subject: FW: MobilizeGreen Conference and Diversity Career Fair at the University of Washington on April 7-8, 2016
To: "MIRIAM A. BERTRAM" <mab23 at uw.edu>

Hi Miriam,

See below – might be of interest for some PCC students?

Thanks!

Joe Casola, PhD

Deputy Director

Climate Impacts Group

College of the Environment | University of Washington

206.616.5347 | jcasola at uw.edu | <https://cig.uw.edu/> cig.uw.edu

Follow us on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/CIG_UW> @CIG_UW

From: Kallie Leschen-Lindell <kallie at mobilizegreen.org>
Date: Friday, March 11, 2016 at 6:23 PM
To: Joe Casola <jcasola at uw.edu>

Hi Joe,

I am doing outreach for a conference we are holding in Seattle. We will have paid diversty internship and job opportunities for your students!

In partnership with the City of Seattle, College of the Environment, the Office of Minority Affairs, and the Clean Energy Institute, MobilizeGreen is hosting its Annual Conference and Diversity Career Fair at the University of Washington on April 7-8, 2016. The theme of this year’s event is: Equity & the Environment: Mobilizing the Next Generation of Leaders. Mayor Ed Murray, Leslie Weldon, the Deputy Chief for National Forest Systems, NGOs, and other federal, local government, and business employers will be at the event, which will include thought-provoking panels, workshops and high-impact networking sessions for your students. The event will be held at the wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ – Intellectual House <http://www.washington.edu/diversity/tribal-relations/intellectual-house/> , the Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center <http://depts.washington.edu/ecc/> , and the Seattle City Hall.

We are looking for engaged and committed students and recent graduates, particularly from underrepresented groups, with environmental, science, engineering, and lots of other backgrounds to attend the event. We need your help in spreading the word to your students about this career opportunity. I have attached a flyer about the event. Please let me know what is the best way to get this to your diverse students, listservs and any other suggested outlets.

You and your students can learn more and register for the <http://www.mobilizegreenconference.org/students-why-attend/> event here.

Please do not hesitate to email (conference at mobilizegreen.org) or call MobilizeGreen (202.375.7760 <tel:%28202.375.7760> ) if you have any questions.

Best,

Kallie