[pccgrads] Fyfe on "Making Sense of the Early-2000s Warming Slowdown" Today 3/9 at 3:30

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Mar 9 08:51:27 PST 2016

Atmos
<http://www.atmos.washington.edu/outreach/seminars.shtml?trumbaEmbed=view%3d
event%26eventid%3d117686180> & Climate Dynamics Seminar, ATM S 521: Dr. John
Fyfe
<https://eventactions.com/eventactions/sea_atms#/actions/atmc/0th91ag3yyz3zg
k4abda7vjvt4> Click to add this event to your calendar

Date

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Time

3:30 pm - 4:20 pm PST

Campus location

Atmospheric Sciences-Geophysics Building (ATG)
<http://www.washington.edu/maps/?ATG>

Campus room

310

Event types

Academics, Lectures/Seminars

Description

Speaker: Dr. John Fyfe, Senior Research Scientist, Canadian Centre for
Climate Modelling and Analysis
Title: Making Sense of the Early-2000s Warming Slowdown
Coordinator: Prof. Cecilia Bitz (bitz at atmos.washington.edu)
Abstract: It has been claimed that the early-2000s global warming slowdown
or hiatus, characterized by a reduced rate of global surface warming, has
been overstated, lacks sound scientific basis, or is unsupported by
observations. In my presentation I'll present evidence that contradicts
these claims.

More

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/outreach/seminars.shtml