[pccgrads] Climate Speaker Request: July 27 3:30 in Tacoma (honorarium)

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Tue Jul 12 10:17:18 PDT 2016

Speaker needed! Original speaker had to cancel, so we are working to find
someone at this late date (esp. given it's summer!).

Requestor "I am looking for great speakers to feature through our Senior
University program. Our program strives to offer a wide array of educational
programming to stir the senses and inspire the mind. Classes are offered in
partnership with local universities (such as the UW), museums, educators,
cultural organizations, and local businesses. We focus specifically on
education for the 55+ crowd, not only the residents of our continuing-care
retirement community but seniors living all around Tacoma as well. As part
of our gratitude for helping us achieve our mission of life-long learning,
we can also provide you a modest honorarium. Of course, we are a
not-for-profit so the key word is modest. "

> Senior University Program

> Franke Tobey Jones | 5340 North Bristol Street | Tacoma WA 98407

Organizer can pick you up at a sounder train station (Tacoma dome).

Audience is between 20 - 35 (35 max)
This is for general public consumption though the audience is senior 60+.
Some are retired from academic fields so no need to "dumb it down."

Presentations run about :45-1:00 with Q&A

Yes, I have a projector and either my laptop or the guest speaker's laptop.
Can accommodate HDMI and RGB cables.

Wednesday, July 27, 3:30 pm, Lillian Pratt Parlor